Application Note Photographs
The complete photo set may take about one minute to load in full.
Descriptions by code letter:
- Even heating of gas cylinders to dry very high levels of purity. Other gas
bottle applications include driving-off acetone from spent acetylene
- Plant producing a wide range of cosmetic and toiletry products. The
depicted process involves adding a range of fragrances to shaving cream.
- Very confined space leading to use of manual safety winches.
- Non "drum" applications, heating a process vessel in a hazardous
location. The company manufactured wall sections for the Channel Tunnel
between England and France.
- Supplier of bitumens for road-surfacing and roofing. Shown emptying
heavily filled bitumen into an oil heated process vessel below.
- Shoe manufacturer - demonstrating easy access to drum whilst heating.
- Aerospace - mobile pumping stations for Ciba-Gigy epoxy resin, used in the
manufacture of aircraft propellers.
- Drums of glycerin mounted on dollies to enable quick removal/access to a
pumping head on the "Jaffa-cake" production line.
- LMK stacker for Thermosafe
- Paint manufacturer - heating 110 litre drums.
- Honey farm - frames allow application of banks of up to six heaters at a
time to be applied.
- Non "drum" application, heating special process vessel.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturer - six heaters replaced a drum oven heating
sorbitol, the main constituent of liquid medicines. The heaters sit on
rubber mats on a tiled floor, allowing for hosing down even when in
- Luboil blending - heaters are kept overhead when not in use (replaced
steam oven, allowing shut-down of boiler during the summer months.) See also
- Heating bitumen for injecting into undersea cables.
- Food plant - heating beef fat oleo.
- Food plant - providing a monitored flow of lecithin at constant
temperature to the adjacent plant manufacturing a butter-type cooking oil
used in bakeries.
- Plastics manufacturer - 2 heaters by the side of each plant making
continuous plastic film. 24 hour operation, with 1 drum feeding, the other
- Luboil blending - 18 drums in one line along wall. See Esso Project Report,
Eastern Electricity award winning case history. Became the model for this
major oil company's luboil plants around the world.
- Luboil blending - close-up of "N" above.